Hours/Status: Full Time
Primary Job Responsibilities: The Tenth Kids Pastor (School Age) at Mount Pleasant is responsible for providing high-quality kids’ programming at Tenth Church for children from grades 1-5, in alignment with our Tenth Church and Tenth Families vision (see below).
Working Relationships: Reports to the Mount Pleasant Site Pastor; is a part of the Tenth Families Team
· Responsible for overseeing (initiating, planning, managing budget, and executing) School-Age Tenth Kids programs at Mount Pleasant site. This includes but is not limited to:
· Recruit for, equip, and maintain Tenth Kids volunteer base
· Collaborate with Tenth Kids Central Support Team to plan and implement Tenth Kids curriculum
· Create exciting, welcoming, and dynamic Tenth Kids space
· Partner and communicate regularly with parents
· Facilitate the participation of Tenth Kids in the larger community of the Mount Pleasant Site
· Coordinate special events for children including Summer Day Camp and children’s programming at our annual church retreat
· Provide initial pastoral care as needed for children, volunteers, and parents, referring to the Site Pastor for additional support
· To participate in staff functions, including staff meetings and Tenth Families Team Meetings
· Provide input on the strategy for the spiritual formation of children and families at Tenth Church, flowing out of Tenth Church’s and the Tenth Families Vision Statements (see below)
· Actively promote the Vision, Strategy and annual priorities of Tenth Families within the Mount Pleasant context
· Support the Family Pastor in the development and execution of activities relevant to Tenth Parents ministries
· Attend regular Tenth Kids Central Support meetings and activities
Required Skills and Experience:
· Early Childhood Education Certificate, Bachelor of Education, Family Ministries Diploma/Degree or significant work experience with children
· Able to organize resources as well as manage goals, objectives and timelines
· Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
· Experience working with volunteers and in leadership development is an asset
· Biblical/theological education preferred or significant life experience and spiritual maturity, evident in sound Biblical and theological understanding and knowledge
· Spiritual maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
· Loves to work with children and families of varied social, economic, ethnic and spiritual backgrounds.
· Administrative ability with attention to detail
· Ability to communicate well, both verbal and written
· Supportive of Tenth Church’s mission, vision and values
· Read, understand and comply with Tenth Church Staff Handbook
Tenth Church Vision:
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Tenth Families Vision:
Partnering with parents to see the next generation become life-long Christ-followers.
As life-long followers of Jesus, our Tenth Kids will:
· Know they are created by a God who loves them
· Passionately love God back
· Be growing into the men and women that He created them to be