The Calgary Chinese Evangelical Free Church is a family oriented, multigenerational, multicultural church comprising three congregations, each ministered in its language of English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Our current Pastoral Team is comprised of the English Pastor, Cantonese Pastor and Mandarin Pastor.
The Children and Youth Pastor is a full-time pastoral position that has the responsibility of working with the Children and Youth Executives, the Pastoral Team and the Deacon Board to minister to our children and youth through spiritual guidance and discipleship.
· Called by the Lord to lead the Children and Youth Ministry with love. Be invested in the lives of his flock and is committed to be an integral part of our Church family.
· In agreement with the Statement of Faith of the EFCC and must agree to abide by our constitution and by-laws.
· Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited college or seminary with coursework to include ministry relevant Biblical and theological training.
· Experience and heart for in serving with children and youth in a church setting. Has experience in dealing with challenges that face children and youth.
· Sensitive to and comfortable with the Church’s multicultural, multilingual, and multigenerational community.
· Comfortable with a small church setting
· Work with the existing Christian ministries to bring children and youth to salvation in Christ and closer in their walk with God. Is ready to lead by example, equip the children and youth by discipleship and challenge them to a steadfast faith amidst the fast-changing culture.
· Will be responsible for working with the lay Church leaders in carrying out the day-to-day operation of the Children and Youth Ministry and Sunday Children worship service and Sunday School
· Collaborate with the Pastoral Team and the Deacon Board in the development of Church vision and growth strategy and outreach opportunities for the unchurched amongst our community, immigrants or returning residents.
· Willing to spend time in prayer and personal Bible study to grow spiritually. Seeking appropriate educational opportunities to improve the quality of their ministry
· Spend time to support the children and youth families to help them in their walk with God and to engage with the Church family.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Please submit resume to the attention of Konrad Chan via email at [email protected] For more information, please visit our website at https://www.ccefc.ca/