Treehouse Child Development Centre is a licensed School Aged child care centre managed in connection with The Church on Oxford Hill. We run a recreational Christian based program for kids in the Kindergarten-Grade 7 age group. We provide before and after school care, transportation to and from school, and a full day camp program during Pro D Days and school breaks.
The Church on Oxford Hill is looking for an active growing Christian that is passionate about children to fill a manager/program director position in our licensed school aged child care centre. This leadership position within the Church on Oxford Hill would also require the candidate to be willing to join the staff team and congregation of the church. The child care manager oversees all day to day operations of the childcare centre receiving support and guidance when needed from the church pastor and church board. The Church on Oxford Hill values a culture of Christ’s love, revival, honour, grace and accountability, we would love these values to also be the foundation of the relationships within the childcare centre.
The ideal candidate would:
• Be a growing Christian that fits within our church culture of renewal and revival.
• Passionate about children and has some excellent hands on experience leading larger groups of kids, possibly in ministry.
• Experience in some level of management, preferably in a childcare setting. Minimum experience as a supervisor.
• Excellent People skills and a love of people in many different circles, such as with children, with staff, with parents and with church staff team and board.
• Excellent communication skills
• A positive attitude with an ability to empower others, build a team and delegate capabilities and responsibilities within that team.
• Solve problems with grace and resourcefulness.
• Proficient computer skills including but not limited to excel
• Able to work with and adequately manage an operational budget.
• Has an understanding of and able to work in compliance with the BC Child Care Licensing Regulations and in alignment with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act Requirements.
• Completed Grade 12
• Must provide a completed criminal record check for the purposes of working with children.
• Must have or acquire upon hiring a Responsible Adult Certificate, and Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR/AED Level B certificate.
• Class 4 bus license a big benefit but not required.
• Extended health care
• Company pension