Pastor of Youth & Children
The Crossing Church seeks to be a church that lives and loves like Jesus. It is a multi-site church with two sites: St. John’s and Gander, NL. The Pastor of Youth and Children will be based out of the St. John’s site and will be focused on growing the Youth and Children’s Ministries of The Crossing Church. St. John’s is a friendly city with historic charm, a rich cultural life, and easy access to a wide range of outdoor activities.
The oversight of the Pastor of Youth & Children will be carried out by the Senior Pastor, with ministry support and encouragement from the Manager of Ministries.
· A mature, active, and growing relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
· Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit as exemplified in Galatians 5:22-23.
· Passionate about leading Youth and Children to Christ
· Exemplifies qualities as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-5
· Highly Relational
· Leadership – a servant leader who inspires and motivates volunteer staff
· Organization & Coordination – develops and implements strategies to accomplish ministry goals
· Communication – clearly articulates concepts and information, in writing and verbally, in individual and group settings.
· Teaching – leads in-depth biblical studies for youth & children.
· Teamwork –works constructively with the Senior Pastor, Board, Ministry Coordinators, staff, and volunteers to achieve the mission of The Crossing Church
· Relationship building – engages in meaningful relationships with the children, youth, and parents.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Recruit, equip and lead a diverse team of volunteers to grow the Youth and Children Ministries in-line with the mission of The Crossing Church.
· Support and oversee the Director of The Crossing Church Camp and maintain an active role in camp ministry
· Create a culture and atmosphere that reaches out to all youth and children expressing that all are loved and welcomed to come and know a true sense of belonging.
· Encourage youth and children to be grounded in their Christian faith, experiencing the transforming power of the Holy Spirit through Bible centered study and prayer, inspiring all to live and love like Jesus
· Encourage, support and equip parents in their primary role to ground their children in the Christian faith.
· Equip and deploy youth and children into ministry by developing their God-given gifts, talents, and experiences, inspiring them to demonstrate the love of Jesus through service in our community and the world.
· Equip and inspire youth and children to reach out sharing Jesus’ love and message of hope to our neighborhood, community and the world.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Completion of an undergraduate degree in theology or degree in progress with plans to complete the requirements for the degree within the next 24 months.
· The individual should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a lead role in Youth & Children Ministries.
· Experience in a Camp ministry would be considered an asset.
· Demonstrated biblical teaching (examples include: leading a Sunday school class, a Bible study group, a devotion, a sermon…)
· Demonstrated Ministry leadership (examples include: leading role in a church ministry…)
· Ordained or willing to pursue ordination with the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada (http://baptist-atlantic.ca)
This is a full-time pastoral position and will be compensated according to education and experience and in line with the guidelines of the CBAC Treasurer’s Handbook.
Please send applications to [email protected]
Application deadline is April 5, 2020.