Director of Family Ministries
The Falls Church Anglican is seeking a full-time Director to lead spiritual formation and discipleship of children and youth (from birth through high school graduation) through a holistic and integrated approach, in partnership with families. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to lead successfully in a ministry setting, including setting and communicating vision, planning and measuring results, and enabling staff to grow in their ministry leadership. He or she will be committed to growing robust disciples of Jesus Christ for the 21st century, supporting the families of the church in discipling their children, and leading collaboratively within the team and with other senior staff. This position is an excellent opportunity to facilitate effective and cohesive discipleship of children, youth, and families.
About The Falls Church Anglican
We are an evangelical, historically Anglican congregation in Northern Virginia with a local worshipping history that predates the American Revolution. About 1200 people worship with us each Sunday; we have over 200 children in Sunday School and about 300 students in youth ministry (middle and high school). Our Mission is to grow robust disciples of Jesus Christ for the 21st century who concretely love God, love each other, and love our neighbors.
The Director of Family Ministries, who is based in Falls Church and reports to the Senior Director, is responsible for the following:
• Providing and communicating a cohesive vision for discipleship.
• Planning and overseeing ministry for the spiritual formation and discipleship of children and youth.
• Leading and managing staff.
• Ensuring appropriate systems, policies, and practices are rigorously maintained to meet safety and other legal as well as ministry requirements.
• Participating in strategic thinking, planning and problem-solving as a part of the church’s leadership team.
Qualifications: We’re seeking candidates of strong and mature Christian faith and a passion to see children, youth, and families meet and grow in Christ, who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented, and skilled in strategic leadership.
You will have:
• At least 7 years of leadership and supervisory experience, including planning and budgeting
• At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area; advance degree preferred
• Specialized knowledge in discipleship and formation
• A track record of strong relationships with peers, staff, volunteers, and parents
Compensation depends on experience, and we have an excellent benefit package.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and spiritual autobiography to [email protected]
We hope to have a new director in place by June 2020.