Position: Housekeeping Department: Capital Projects
Status: Full Time Permanent Starting Date: ASAP
Work Location: 502 Spadina Ave
The Housekeeping staff will be based in 502 Spadina Ave and will report directly to the Capital Projects Director. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall housekeeping and cleaning of 502 & 508 Spadina Ave.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform a variety of housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe environment for clients, staff, and donors and volunteers
· Complete all Health & Safety Training and certifications
· Monitor cleaning supplies and unit inventory and restock as frequently as required
· Execute all housekeeping tasks including but not limited to: dusting, sweeping, mopping, garbage collection, cleaning of washrooms, monitoring and restocking inventory in public areas and shelter, operation of housekeeping equipment
· Execute routine cleaning of common and isolated area; following outbreaks protocol when necessary
· Regularly checking and updating WHMIS labels and folders containing such information
· Identify and report potential Occupational Health & Safety Hazards to the JHSC
· Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
Required Experience and Education:
· High school diploma preferred, minimum 1 year experience in housekeeping role preferably in a health care setting
· WHMIS knowledge and certification
· Ability to meet physical demands to stand, kneel, bend, squat, reach, twist, lift and handle cleaning equipment
· Flexible to work some evenings and weekend shifts
· Ability to take direction and work co-operatively with teams
· Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance record
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements. Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.