TCCC is sincerely inviting ministry partner to consider the position of Worship Pastor for the development of the church and the involvement of the Kingdom.
Self-identity: Located in the Greater Toronto Area TCCC is a local, multi-congregational, multilingual Christian church, with ethnic Chinese roots, that operates both a house of worship (@100 Acadia) and a community centre (@105 Gibson).
Mission: The mission of TCCC is to grow missional disciples of Jesus Christ to impact the world through compassion and reconciliation.
Pastoring: We serve and minister to everyone, irrespective of race, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, language, socio-economic status, political stance, religious background or level of spiritual maturity [Jn 13:34–35; 1 Pet 3:8]. We seek to honor God by showing love to one another in Christian unity [Eph 4:1-6] and breaking down any walls of division.
Position inviting applications
Title: Worship Pastor (Cantonese Ministry focus)
· To make recommendations and strategies with the Cantonese Lead Pastor for the spiritual development of the congregation through worship experience
· To make strategies to cultivate the two Cantonese Worship Service for cross-generations
· To make strategies and to develop a new Cantonese Worship service catering for the spiritual quest of the metropolitan hearts of a young adult generation
· To establish Sunday worship services and other music ministries with a balance of traditional and contemporary resources and a variety of musical style (this includes but are not exclusive to Cantonese cross-generation, and young adult services.)
· To develop the worship team and leaders as disciples of Christ with capacity and capabilities
· To provide training and inputs to the Mandarin worship catering to their worship needs
Main Ministry Responsibilities
· Overseeing Cantonese Sunday Services / other New Services
· To support a possible multi ethnic outreach / spirituality seeking service at the church community centre
· Develop Worship Teams,
· To recruit and/ or provide relevant training for worship teams and related leaders
· Give direction to Cantonese Morning and Noon Choir
· Supporting other ministry related supporting teams including Usher Team and others
· Weekly Service Planning and Coordination
· Special Service Planning and Coordination, such as Good Friday, Christmas.
· Supporting other ministries, such as prayer meetings, evangelistic meetings, revival meetings and conferences, etc.
· To provide platforms to serve; to engage the congregants to serve; to equip and nurture the congregants to serve
· To nurture Christian fellowship and spirituality through service and team work
· Other pastoral duties
· Qualified theological training at master degree level, with specialization in worship ministry
· 3 years of worship ministry experience and/or pastoral experience
· Fluent in both spoken and written Cantonese and English. Good communication skill in Mandarin is also required.