General Position Description
The Worship and Creative Arts (WCA) Pastor will provide guidance and direction to all worship and creative arts ministries of Trinity Baptist Church. This will include servant leadership of our congregational worship as well as worship and creative arts volunteers.
The Worship and Creative Arts (WCA) Pastor will demonstrate competencies in four core areas in Music, Creative Arts, Volunteer Coordination, and Pastoral Ministry.
· Worship ministry experience
· Experienced musician or trained at an accredited music program
· Ability to lead with at least one instrument, understand the role of all musical instruments in a contemporary worship band
· Ability to lead and mentor musicians with a range of musical skill
· Proficient vocal ability and a familiarity with contemporary worship music
· Understand and foster different creative art forms as they relate to ministry
· Encourage congregational participation
· Demonstrated ability to motivate, manage, and empower volunteers
· Organizational skills, including scheduling and developing seasonal ministry requirements
Ministerial, Pastoral, and Theological
· Articulated theological understanding of congregational worship
· Discerning a calling to be part of Trinity Baptist Church
· Desire for continued learning and development
· Pastoral care for volunteers and congregants
· Vital and committed faith in Jesus Christ in all aspects of life
· Recruit and coordinate volunteers for worship and creative arts
· Strong communicator and collaborator
· Self-initiating with healthy relational skills
· Design worship experiences in collaboration with teaching emphasis
· Coordinate and curate worship song catalog
· Lead weekly rehearsals and Sunday worship services. It is expected that the WCA Pastor may foster and share leadership of various worship teams, but must participate in as many worship teams as possible in order to maintain the overall direction of the worship ministry.
· Attend weekly staff meetings
· Collaborate in planning special events or programs
For Projects and Facility
· Understanding of technology for worship
· Ensure ongoing maintenance of instruments and stage equipment
· Responsibilities around worship and creative arts budget development and management
· Alignment with Trinity Baptist Church’s theological position, ministry direction, and culture
· Cooperate with ongoing ministries and other facility usage
· Committed to attaining membership at Trinity
· Capable of managing many roles and demands
· Ability to work in Canada
Would be Considered an Asset
· Competency with music and visual technologies
· Familiarity with a breadth of worship music styles
· Post-secondary education or significant ministry experience
· Discern and develop ways to utilize the arts as a connecting point to our neighbourhood
· Responsibilities may be adjusted as they relate to applicant’s giftedness
Compensation and Hours per Week
· 0.75 FTE (30 hours per week)
· Education and experience will factor into placement on the compensation grid
· This is a salaried position that qualifies for benefits and pension
· We invite you to apply with cover letter, resume and Ministry Information Profile (MIP) to [email protected] The MIP can be downloaded from the website for the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada HERE.
· More information about Trinity Baptist can be found at tbcsherwoodpark.ca.
Congregational History – Worship and Creative Arts
During its 40+ year history, Trinity Baptist Church has transitioned from the piano and organ tradition to the contemporary worship team format. Through this time there have been several worship pastors and worship directors, each with their own unique abilities and passions. Between these staff members there have been talented and faithful volunteers that have kept the worship portion of our ministry going.
We have had pop-up choirs, choirs with worship teams, and Christmas and Easter programs integrating multiple age ranges. Usually the first half of the service is a journey of corporate worship that flows together around a theme of praise to our God. Hymns are integrated with a contemporary feel. There has occasionally been a youth worship team that will play for youth Sundays and youth events.
The creative arts portion is dependent on the passion and vision of the pastor. In the past we’ve had integrated congregational artist and photographic expression as it relates to the sermon series. This has also included children’s art, video interviews, dance, and drama.
Community & Congregational Profile
Trinity Baptist Church is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta, which is an active and very family-focused suburb just east of Edmonton. A profile of our community can be found here. We are a 45-year-old church with an average attendance of 275 that includes people from all age demographics. Our church recognizes its strengths in congregational worship, in mission work, and wise stewardship. We are pursuing a long-term vision to nurture spiritual formation and cultivate servant leaders. Trinity Baptist Church is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Please visit tbcsherwoodpark.ca.