Union Church is a friendly, English speaking, inter-denominational church, established in Hong Kong since 1844 and our mission is “making mature followers in all nations for Jesus Christ through our united lifestyle, witness and mission”. We are now seeking a Youth Co-Director to help lead our vibrant Youth group.
Description and Responsibilities
· Oversee all youth programming
· Responsible for Wednesday, Friday and Sunday programs including curriculum selection, teaching, fellowship, food, etc.
· Communicate regularly with parents and students about upcoming events
· Plan special events: fun days, retreats, Amazing Race, etc.
· Plan and execute fundraising for youth mission trips (i.e. Youth Banquet)
· Plan youth mission trip(s).
· Recruit and train volunteers for leading Sunday School, Friday night programs, Mission trips, etc.
· Responsible for Confirmation Course
· Build relationships with students outside of Union Church
· Write monthly reports for leadership committees
· Keep rosters, contact lists, etc updated
· Assist students with Youth Worship Band
· Integrate students into the life of the church through worship, service, etc
· Meet with other youth pastors in Hong Kong to collaborate and share ideas
· Be a willing, servant-hearted member of the Union Church staff and work with staff for all church programs.
· Serve as a catalyst for spiritual growth, both in a small group setting and in everyday conversations with youth
· Work to create a space for Youth at all program events and in daily life that is free of judgement and place where Youth know they are safe and able to be vulnerable
· Willing to be flexible and adapt quickly to new situations and circumstances
· Willingness to serve, both within Youth Ministry and occasionally helping other ministries
Candidates should be:
· Vibrant with a mature Christian Faith, goal oriented, organised, self-motivated,
engaging with a warm personality and strong communication skills.
· Educated with a bachelors degree
· Experienced working or volunteering for a Church or other Christian organisation
· Someone who enjoys working with Youth.
· Knowledgeable about the Bible, with excellent public speaking and communication skills
· Artistic skills are a plus, but not a requirement.
· Familiar with youth culture
We offer a competitive package to the right candidate which includes medical insurance and relocation where needed.