The role of the associate campus minister would be to support the director in establishing a missional and discipling community on the university campus; providing pastoral care to students; encouraging growth and maturity in discipleship to Jesus; participating in effective outreach and service to the campus; contributing to community building events; and developing new initiatives as needed.
• Participate in public campus outreach and training for students (display table, surveys, mission trips, etc.)
• Coordinate Red Frogs ministry (https://ca.redfrogs.com)
• Lead and train student leaders
• Prepare curriculum for semester-long studies and training
• Attend weekly staff meeting
• Provide pastoral care to male students in the ministry
• Oversee ministries on Surrey campus alongside a female campus minister
• Participate in weekly Tuesday Night gathering on Burnaby campus
Ideal candidate would have:
• Theological training
• Ministry experience
• University/college degree or familiarity with campus ministry
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Salary: As a campus missionary, your salary would be raised through personal fundraising. UCM will provide fundraising training and has a track record of long-term success for its employees’ funding. An approved budget (like a teacher’s salary grid) will be determined annually.
Contact: Please email a resume to Milly Li, UCM Director at SFU, at li_yuents[email protected]