OBJECTIVE: Our Associate Pastor of Community will be a primary liaison between Uxbridge Baptist Church (UBC) and the surrounding community. He/she will collaborate with the Lead Pastor and the Youth Pastor to mobilize and equip our people to impact our broader community in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Beliefs of UBC. This will include the creation of innovative experiences that engage both the internal and external community in culturally relevant ways, to draw people to Christ and help participants on their faith journey.
CHARACTER & SPIRITUAL GIFTS
• Is a person of integrity, called by God into vocational ministry;
• Exhibits a biblical, Christ-centered character with suitable spiritual gifts;
• Displays a vibrant personal life of service for God, including a teachable spirit;
• Interacts well with people and in teams;
• Mentors effectively;
• Demonstrates a shepherd’s heart;
• Shows a proven understanding of relevant biblical teaching;
• Incorporates worship and messages for people who do not typically attend church;
• Aligns with the UBC Membership Covenant, Statement of Faith and Lifestyle & Morality Standards.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops strategies to connect with those who are not regular worship attendees and seek to welcome them into the life of our church;
• Develops and supports a process of introducing people to the identity, beliefs, and ministries of our church;
• Supports our small group strategy to help engage both newcomers and other interested individuals to experience Christian community and spiritual growth;
• Helps people discover their spiritual gifts and to use these gifts in the life of our church;
• Organizes and/or supports outreach events (e.g., Alpha, Living Nativity, Merry Little Christmas, community church services);
• Supports ministries that respond to needs in our community. (e.g. Sunrise, Celebrate Recovery, Divorce Care, Grief Share);
• Supports the children’s ministries at UBC;
• Provides occasional preaching, teaching and other pastoral duties as assigned;
• Functions as a member of the staff team;
• Takes responsibility for relevant administrative functions (e.g. prepares reports for Council, scheduling, budgeting and financial management, Committee membership).
• Accountable to the Lead Pastor on a day-to-day basis, and ultimately to the Church Council and the congregation;
• Supports and partners with other UBC Ministry Leaders;
• Regular interaction with the UBC congregation, both one on one and in groups;
• Develops ongoing relationships with the community at large;
• Must become a member of UBC.
• Passion for Christ and for His Word and a daily pursuit of a Christ-centered life;
• Meets the ministry requirements found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 4:12-16; and 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:6-9;
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as a pastor;
• Commitment to continued Christian education;
• Commitment to complete the CBOQ licensure or ordination process;
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Experience with various technologies for communication (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Zoom, YouTube posting and access);
• Proven skills as both a team leader and team member;
• Previous accountability within a Bible believing church;
• A valid driver’s license.
• Experience with event planning;
• Experience with ministering to seniors;
• Experience with ministering to children;
• Experience with ProPresenter;
• Experience with outreach via social media.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
This posting will remain open until a candidate has been selected. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]