Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Watermark Community Church is looking for a great youth leader to join the Watermark Church staff team, to lead the youth ministry, by helping to disciple youth in the gospel, and becoming a key member of our church’s staff and leadership teams.
About Watermark Community Church: We are a multi-cultural English speaking church, which takes God, His Word and His mission seriously. As a church we love the gospel, are serious about discipleship, and are determined to see Hong Kong impacted with the power and life of the gospel.
Purpose of Position
· In alignment with our mission, this position seeks to develop mature disciples of Jesus among the youth (ages 12 to 18), who are grounded in the Gospel, preparing them for adulthood.
· Direct and develop the youth ministry of Watermark, helping to integrate it into the life of the church as a whole.
· To help parents of teenagers, see and understand their role in the spiritual development of their children and to encourage them in this role.
Job Qualifications: Necessary criteria
· At least an undergraduate degree.
· Minimum 2 years of front line volunteer or work experience in a church or non-profit organization setting
· Fluency in English
· Competent computer skills
· Strong self-leadership skills
· Be a committed Christian, committed to gospel-ministry, living a God-honouring life and having a love for the local church.
· Personal qualities: a humble leader, servant-hearted, self-motivated, creative, flexible, enthusiastic, wise, patient, and relational.
· Ability to work as part of a multicultural and multi-denominational team and be able to work well with all members of the staff and the volunteers.
· Experience in working in cross-cultural settings.
· One year experience in Hong Kong would also be helpful.
· Advantageous to have experience with Younglife.
· To know spoken (and written) Cantonese / Mandarin would be beneficial
· Post-graduate studies in theology would be preferred.
· Set and oversee the implementation of the vision of Watermark Youth, in line with the vision and mission set by the elders.
· Recruit and train a youth volunteer team.
· Plan and lead on-campus outreach events (at schools), camps, and lessons.
· Develop excellent relationship with parents of high-schoolers.
· Disciple youth by leading Sunday classes and Friday night youth, meeting one-on-one with the youth; overseeing the general operation and spiritual vitality of this age group.
· As needed, partner with other churches to coordinate city-wide youth events.
· As with any Watermark Staff member, to be willing to provide other support for the church and contribute to church-wide events.
Job Location: Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including availability and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Medical insurance provided.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.