West Springs Free Methodist Church in Calgary, Alberta is seeking a part-time Director of Under 18 Ministries:
West Springs Church is a small congregation located on the west side of Calgary in a relatively upscale area of town. We are a diverse congregation and come from many backgrounds— a mixture of ethnicities, languages, denominations, and cultures.
West Springs Church is currently in transition seeking its next lead pastor. The U18 Ministries Director position is a temporary appointment (to June 30, 2019) with opportunity to review and expand the position at that time.
The Director of U18 Ministries is a part-time salaried position (averaging 10 hrs/week which includes Sundays 9:30-11:30; salary range $800-$1000 per month). We are looking for an individual who can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements below, whose values align with ours, and who feels called to serve and assist our church in discipling our children and youth.
Responsibilities & Activities: The role of the U18 Ministries Director requires an individual who is highly motivated and has the ability to:
· Lead in implementing a Sunday morning worship/teaching program for children ages 4 years to Grade 4 (currently approximately 10)
· Lead in implementing a Sunday morning worship/teaching program and two midweek events per month for children Grades 5-8; (approx. 10)
· Work with the current Sunday teacher of Senior Youth (approx. 8) to further develop programming for Senior Youth
· Work with the Director of Worship Ministries to coordinate Sunday programming
· Recruit, support, and mentor parents and other volunteers to be actively involved in helping to provide programming
It is expected the individual will be actively teaching.
The recommended minimum education/experience level for this position is at least three years of post-high school education. Previous experience in ministry to children and/or youth is highly desirable.
Desired Start Date: September 1, 2018
Interested candidates are invited to apply by email submitting a letter of application and a current resume to:
Applications will be received until the position has been filled.