TITLE: Venue Rentals Manager
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Associate Pastor
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours flexed based on rental volume + volunteer hours*.
*It is understood that like any member of the church body, the Venue Rentals Manager will give some volunteer hours to
the church as needed.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Friday in office, flexed based on rental volume
Attendance at church-wide events are expected for staff to participate in, which may take place outside of regular officehours.
COMPENSATION: Salary to be disclosed within interview. Pension and benefits will apply after a
3-month probationary period.VACATION: Three weeks (15 working days)
The venue rentals manager is primarily responsible for supporting the church managing rentals income and revenue generation. Responsibilities include client management (from inquiry to post event) promotion and booking of rentals, rental contract negotiation, administration of records, supervision of staff contracted for events, vendor relationship management and coordination, and onsite coordination of rentals.
Supports church initiatives, revenue strategies and our Mission, Vision and Values.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
1. Revenue Generation
● Meet rentals budget by soliciting and securing business through a proactive and consultative sales approach.
● Effectively, prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through our rental website, repeat clients, or word of mouth referral.
● Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events. Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
● Understand event cost structure and incorporate this into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
2. Relationship Management
● Deliver excellent customer service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various ministries supporting functions and ministry needs.
● Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
● Understand the balance of rentals and ministry by attending ministry kick off meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges that could conflict with rentals.
3. Sales Accountability
● Maintain a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of budgeted revenue targets.
● Ensure all known opportunities are in the forecast and that they are accurate and updated
4. Onsite Event Management
● Available to be hands on during events assisting with Rental Leads and Staff and Leads, to ensure optimum service to clients and patrons.
● Meet the event coordinator/host prior to the event for introductions and ensure that all arrangements are in order and agreeable.
● Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each event.
● Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts and special arrangements are confirmed prior to the event.
● Inspect the event areas/rooms well in advance for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up.
● Anticipate clients’ needs and respond promptly, whatever time of day. Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
● Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
● Preparation of settlement estimate of all charges for the client, prior to departure before final invoice is sent.
● Follow protocol and processes to collect any night of payment of merchandise commission or other commissions the night of.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
● Sales and operations experience in a professional and fast-paced environment
● Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency
● Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
● Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
● Technical aptitude and computer proficiency required
● Very self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to multitask
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proper pronunciation and grammar, and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times
● Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Google Work Space (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive etc.), Adobe Acrobat
● Prior experience in audiovisual is a plus
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Valid driver’s license and consistent access to a vehicle are required
● Must be authorized to work in Canada, location Vancouver, BC
● Is a follower of Jesus, having recognized and repented of personal sin and is baptized with an understanding of the gospel. The individual’s life clearly demonstrates a high level of spiritual maturity.
● Is growing in Christ-likeness demonstrating a commitment to spirit (heart, will) transformation through the disciplines (prayer, study, giving, fasting, solitude, confession, unity, worship, etc.).
● Should have a clear sense of God’s calling to ministry at Westside with passion for the calling.
● Aligns with Westside’s mission, core values, and statement of faith, understanding that all ministries do not stand alone, but fit in under the umbrella of Westside’s vision and goals.
● Has a passion for both the lost, downtrodden and broken hearted. Is a humble, organized and enthusiastic worker, with a passion to serve with excellence.
ACCOUNTABILITY / EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT
Each staff member will be given feedback by the Associate Pastor at least semi-annually. The Lead Pastor may or may not be in attendance. The areas of review will include: performance related to job description, growth areas, action plans, training/development needs, and opportunities.
Other tasks may be assigned as required by the Lead Pastor and/or Associate Minister.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email [email protected] and make sure to include the following to apply for this position:
1. The position title ‘Venue Rentals Manager’ as the email subject
2. Your resumé attached
3. A cover letter briefly describing your interest in this position attached
4. At least two contactable work and character references (this can be included in your resumé)
Applicants that do not include all four items listed above will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be