Westview Baptist Church is a vibrant, Christian community of approximately 650 people with about 120 youth and young adults. We have an informal/contemporary style of worship and are a diverse and active congregation located in northwest Calgary. We are affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
Teaching and Leading (70%)
– To lead student & young adult ministries including Junior High (Grades 7-9), and Senior High (Grades 10-12), and the young adults group, approximate ages 18 to 25.
– To aid in transitioning preteens to youth ministry, in consultation with the Children & Family Pastor, to oversee a once a month social event for grade 5 & 6 students, and a once a month discipleship evening.
– To help this demographic come to faith, be discipled, and become involved in serving.
– To coach, mentor and train leaders.
2. Pastoring (20%)
– To be a spiritual shepherd to the youth, young adults and their leaders at the church.
– To contact youth & young adult visitors, newcomers and outreach contacts.
3. Administration (10%)
– To provide administrative leadership to the youth & young adult program.
– To oversee the Youth and Young Adult Ministries budget.
– To attend and contribute at regular meetings of the pastoral staff.
– To meet regularly with the Senior Pastor.
– Eligible to become a member of Westview Baptist Church.
– Related Bachelors’ Degree such as Youth Ministries or Christian Education.
– At least two years of related pastoral experience including experience with youth or young adult ministries where evangelism and discipleship is promoted.
– An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
– Criminal Record Check required.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until a new pastor is called, but priority will be given to those received before noon, Friday, April 27, 2018.