Whitecourt Family Worship Centre
Church size: 150
Denomination: Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
Location: Whitecourt, Alberta
This position is half-time.
Website: whitecourtfwc.com; email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Phone: 780-778-2572 (ask for Dallas)
About our church:
We are a dynamic church of mostly young families in a community of young families. On an average Sunday one third of our church is under the age of 18yrs old. We love kids! We believe kids are a key to reaching our community for Christ and are deeply committed to becoming a place kids tell their friends at school about and beg their parents to go to. We believe we can shape the future of this community for generations to come through the power of God’s love. We have a history of steady growth. The driving proclamation of our group is, “We are being empowered to make a difference through the love of Jesus”.
About the position:
The Children’s Pastor is entrusted with the privilege of taking our church and children’s team to the next level as far going to the families of our community with the transforming love of Jesus and facilitating the mentoring of them into disciple making dynamos in their own rite. They will oversee all FWC children’s programs for children ages 0 – grade 6.
What we are looking for/qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics if the ideal candidate for Children’s Pastor:
• Significant experience leading or working in Children’s or Family ministry.
• Bible college or teacher training is a big plus but not required. If not, a willingness to obtain such training online.
• A disciple of Jesus
• Loves their family and has a proven track record of leadership
• Team player who is very comfortable being a leader of leaders
• Passionate about family and believes parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children whom they church will support and equip
• Self-starter with a can do attitude. This is key.
• Problem solver.
• Driven to multiply and train.
• Has an eye for excellence.
• This pastor will need a unique blend of abilities: pastoring people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and processes, and an energetic personality.
• To lead a dynamic networking children’s and family ministry within Whitecourt as an integral part of FWC.
• Working closely with the lead pastor to coach, oversee and empower leaders in the above FWC ministry.
• To communicate with, develop and deepen relationships within families, FWC and the whole community of Whitecourt.
• To exercise prayerful and diligent oversight of areas assigned to you: Children’s Ministry as well as Welcome & Integration
• To be a godly, fun and inspiring example to those under your care (1 Tim 4:12ff).
• To develop a visionary team approach to this ministry.
• To synergistically develop the ministry direction with the Pastor of FWC and a team of volunteer leaders.
• Do necessary administration for the various ministry responsibilities.
About the Location:
Whitecourt is located about 2 hours northwest of Edmonton, and has a thriving economy based primarily on oil & gas and forestry. The town of 10,000 is a great place to raise a family with lots of outdoor amazing recreation and very good indoor facilities too. It has a very high standard of living. Our local government is very family oriented and business friendly. We are close enough to the big city to enjoy all of the benefits it offers but far enough away that we enjoy a wonderful rural environment where you can easily get to know lots of your neighbors. Lots of people move to Whitecourt for work but fall in love with it and stay for much longer than they ever imagined they would.
For a full job description and any other questions please connect with us.