JOB STATUS: Full-Time 40 hours
REPORTS TO: Executive pastor
About Willow Park Church (willowparkchurch.com)
Willow Park Church (WPC) is a multi-location, multi-generational, Christian church in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia.
As an Associate Pastor you’ll lead, gather, motivate others and communicate the gospel. You will lead and inspire others in the frontline ministries at one of our locations in Kelowna. The role includes helping to pastor people, lead leaders, shape culture and connect with our guests. Ideally the role will be focussed on outreach and discipleship to families and can adapted around specific gifting (worship, kids, families, youth, young adult etc.) It will also include a wide range of exciting ministry opportunities in a cross -generational setting.
· Assist in the location’s overall direction and leadership making sure all ministry gatherings are implemented with excellence and integrity.
· Be a highly-engaged , energetic and hands-on leader, inspiring people to join with the church’s vision.
· Identify opportunities for outreach and community care.
· Oversee leaders, structures, and events that focus on families and young adults.
· Create and execute regular gatherings for discipleship, connection and care for families and young adults.
· Help to cultivate engagement and volunteering across all ministries
· Lead, host and speak on a regular basis as part of the location leadership team.
· Connect and care for others via a combination of digital communication (Zoom etc.) and face to face meetings.
· Help lead our guest experience/follow up as well as our gathering volunteers.
· Encourage you to use your other areas of gifting (speaking, leading, worship etc.)
· Provide excellent opportunities for you to grow through mentorship and ministry development.
· Pay you a competitive salary with extended benefits, pension, cell phone allowance and professional/ministry development bursaries.
· Encourage you to live a balanced ministry life – we value family and rest
· Give you plenty of vacation time
· A Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of leadership experience or the equivalent life/ministry experience
· A passion for prayer, outreach and discipleship
· Experience working or high-level volunteering for a church, non-profit, or education setting.
· An energetic and relational outlook with high-level networking/relational strengths.
· A passion for Jesus and the local church and represent both with excellence, on and off the job
· A self-motivated and take-the-initiative attitude with strong administrative, communication and organizational skills.
· A strong understanding of how social media and technology can be effectively used in ministry.
· Experience leading worship
· Experience leading kids’ or youth ministry
Closing Date: May 30. 2021
Church website: Willowparkchurch.com
Glen Madden (Executive Pastor) – [email protected] with a resume and cover letter