JOB STATUS: Full-Time 40 hours
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor | Worship Pastor (works closely with our Communications Director)
*** We are willing to train the right person up in the areas that may not be the candidate’s area of expertise***
About Willow Park Church (www.willowparkchurch.com)
Willow Park Church (WPC) is a multi-location, multi-generational, Christian church in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia.
The Technical Director has the responsibility for the technical operations of Willow Park Church including audio, visual, lighting and video for the church network.
Duties and Responsibilities
AUDIO, VISUAL & LIGHTING (AVL)
• Provide oversight of audio, lighting, and media systems church-wide.
• Mix front-of-house audio and be able to create multitrack recordings when needed.
• Run rehearsal tech support, including stage setup for the online service, in-person gatherings, and special events.
• Oversee lighting programming as needed for different band lineups and events.
• Design, set up, maintain, and operate lighting, video and sound systems for theatre, dance, music, and other productions and projects; assist guest designers and arts with technical matters.
• Liaise with the Worship Pastor to build relationships and care for volunteers and facilitate volunteer scheduling.
• Provide and coordinate regular training for volunteers for all sites and coordinate the training process.
• Provide fast and effective solutions to all AVL hardware and software difficulties on campus in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Work with Worship Pastor to assess technical needs and research/design solutions.
• Mix post-production audio for the online service as needed
• Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintain inventory and order specialised supplies.
• Make recommendations regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
VIDEO PRODUCTION & STREAMING
• Coordinate the recording and/or broadcast of worship services, podcasts, and events.
• Be knowledgeable with various computer-based video editing software
• Oversee the uploading of live worship services and events onto our streaming broadcasting systems.
• Collaborate with pastors regarding media (video, illustrations, etc.) for sermons, worship services, church announcements
• Oversee network-based video technologies (i.e. streaming, among others)
• Be responsible for planning, designing, and installing equipment upgrades and new equipment when needed.
• Schedule and train volunteer production staff for required worship services, classes, and events
• Prepare stages for rehearsal and presentation each weekend as well as for events.
• Creatively design, script and storyboard video projects in collaboration with ministry staff
• Encourage you to use your other areas of gifting.
• Provide excellent opportunities for you to grow through mentorship and ministry development.
• Pay you a competitive salary with extended benefits, pension, cell phone allowance and professional/ministry development bursaries.
• Encourage you to live a balanced ministry life – we value rest, having fun and vacations!
• A certificate from a recognized audio or video program or the equivalent life/ministry experience
• Experience working or high-level volunteering for a church, non-profit, or education setting.
• Passion for, and a sincere love for Jesus
• Energetic and relational with high-level networking/relational strengths.
• Self-motivated and take the initiative with strong administrative, communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent understanding of how technology can be effectively used in ministry.
Required Experience, Skills, and Key Qualities:
• 3+ years of experience in live mixing audio
• Experience mixing music of various genres, including choir music.
• Preferably the applicant is also an accomplished musician.
• Experience in post-production (multitrack) mixing.
• Working knowledge of Planning Center Online and other software used in production.
• Comfortable setting up and handling production equipment.
• Strong administrative skills: organized, strategic, good planner, and able to handle complex logistics.
• Self-directed with strong prioritization skills.
• Must possess excellent communication skills: oral and written.
• Possess an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity.
• Works well with others. Provides a friendly, welcoming, and unifying atmosphere for volunteers.
• Teachable attitude and a helpful spirit.
• Worship team experience would be an asset.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Glen Madden (Executive Pastor) – [email protected]