Reports to: Executive Director
The focus on this role is to administratively and practically support the WomanCare staff and volunteers. The Centre Receptionist will have completed the Pregnancy Care Canada (PCC) volunteer training and will be equipped to meet with clients, if necessary.
· Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
· Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of human life and sexual purity.
· Agree with and be willing to uphold WomanCare’s Statement of Faith and Commitment of Care.
· Have at least one years’ experience in office administration.
· Have experience in Christian ministry or in the non-profit sector, would be beneficial.
· Exhibit strong organizational skills in an office setting.
· Exhibit good computer skills in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to problem solve.
· Be able to provide spiritual support to other staff and volunteers.
· Be able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Willing to provide a criminal record check.
WomanCare staff are expected to work co-operatively with others; demonstrate flexibility in organizing work; show a high degree of initiative, discernment, and resourcefulness; have good communication skills; demonstrate thoughtfulness in decision-making and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
Staff must be non-judgmental and receptive in approach, and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards individuals, boards, and organizations.
Staff should seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in their consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ. They should be prepared to explain WomanCare’s religious beliefs and practices to all visitors and callers.
· Answer phones.
· Ensure Centre is ready for opening at 11:00 am.
· Manage messages for staff and volunteers.
· Schedule clients based on client calls.
· Manage and maintain booking calendar (eKyros).
· Ensure reminder calls are made.
· Maintain general office organization and tidiness.
· Maintain and/or delegate organization of the clothing closet.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings.
· Write thank you cards and birthday cards for volunteers throughout the year and have staff sign them.
· Keep and maintain an inventory of office supplies, purchasing supplies when needed.
· Keep and maintain an inventory of kitchen and bathroom supplies, purchasing supplies when needed.
· Assist with projects and research as needed, including copying and printing.
· Assist in creating a list of regular tasks for volunteers and delegate as needed (i.e. clothing closet, filing etc.)
· Data entry and filing as required.
· Ensure closing procedures are completed (i.e. bringing sign inside, locking of filing cabinets, etc.)
· Pick up incoming mail, open it and distribute as required.
· Check outgoing mail and have it brought to a mailbox.
· Together with the Client Services Director, ensure accurate and up to date referral resources are available.
· Maintain monthly volunteer scheduling.
· Ensure client resources are available: brochures, pregnancy tests and hospitality supplies.
· Be available to assist with clients when needed.
· Assist with hospitality.
· Ensure thank you cards are written and mailed to donors, as needed.
· With ED, set up yearly marketing schedule and assist with implementation of the proposed schedule, including events (all fundraisers), mail outs and advertising.
· Assist with fundraising events as needed.
· Assist in promoting the Centre with a focus on attracting potential volunteers.
· Enter donations into the donor database (eKyros) in a timely manner.
· Process manual monthly credit card donations.
· Ensure donor account information in eKyros is accurate and up to date.
· Prepare the bank deposit and take it to the bank.
· Prepare the ED’s monthly expense report for submission to the bookkeeper.
· Pay vendor invoices using the company credit card, as required.
· Ensure that all payments are sent in on time.
· Maintain confidentiality of all donor information.
This position is for 11 hours per week (with occasional evening hours). Starting wage is $16.00 per hour. Position is open until a suitable candidate is ascertained. Interested candidate are invited to submit a resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]
Only the candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.