Detail-oriented, purpose-driven, and diligent …. If this is you, read on!
About us …
Since Young Life began in Canada in 1954, our staff and volunteers have cared enough to leave the comfort of their adult worlds and enter the arena of high school and junior high school life. Trained Young Life leaders are committed to friendships with teenagers – no strings attached. We are all about communicating God’s love and the Christian message to teens in terms they can understand. Young Life values and respects all young people and welcomes all teenagers. With staff in over 50 communities throughout BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, Young Life of Canada employs more than 120 staff, and works with over 500 volunteers.
About the job …
Young Life is a vibrant, growing mission that values adventure and fun in the pursuit of the great commission. Our field work requires a solid, professional foundation of mission services, and we want you to be a part of helping us reach more teenagers through your administrative gifting!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and serving alongside the mission services team at our national office, you will support Young Life’s ministry by administering Young Life’s day to day accounting functions and maintaining its fiscal records. You assist, guide and provide direction to Young Life staff in financial and administrative matters. You support the CFO by contributing to the preparation of financial and other reports for management and stakeholders, and by analysing and interpreting financial data.
This is a permanent full-time position, available immediately.
About you …
In a nutshell, here is what is required. You are ….
· Experiencing a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Excited about loving teenagers and reaching them with the Gospel. Able to thrive in our relational ministry culture.
· A numbers person, who has enjoyed playing with numbers over the years while serving as a bookkeeper or accountant. You have an intermediate level of accounting knowledge.
· Ridiculously fixated on details and results. You know how to make Excel submit to your authority, and maybe even use it in your spare time for fun. You love technology and finding ways to adapt it to make life and work easier. You fear no database.
· Able to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituents at all levels of the organization. Whether over email or on the phone, even non-accountants understand the numbers after connecting with you.
· Motivated by a sense of purpose; systematic and diligent; flexible with a positive attitude; gracious; a “do-er.”
· Organized. Convinced that details and accuracy are critical and excellence is non-negotiable. (re-read this line)
· Trustworthy with confidential information.
· An optimist, who values camaraderie and brings a sense of humour and joy to work with you each day.
· A hard worker who fears no deadline and is always willing to go the extra mile.
· Able to cope with changing priorities and can adapt when things get stressful or downright chaotic.
Are you excited yet?
How to Apply …
We provide competitive salary commensurate with your education and experience, including health and dental benefits, a great group RRSP, and support for professional development. If you have questions about this posting, please contact Ken Krabbendam, Chief Financial Officer, Young Life of Canada, at 604 881 6023 (ext. 106) or email@example.com.
Please email your application package (i.e., current resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line by July 20, 2018. We will commence interviews the following week; however, we will continue accepting applications until the position is filled. Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned of this opportunity. Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life!