The Executive Assistant provides excellent administrative assistance to the Vice President, Development (VP), in particular as the VP leads Young Life’s work with major donors.
• Assist the VP with travel arrangements including flights, rental cars, and hotels.
• Allocate visa transactions and prepare monthly expense reports.
• Prepare and print relevant correspondence (including thank you notes) from donor meetings.
• Update key donor information in Raiser’s Edge and produce reports as needed.
• Assist VP with administration associated with a variety of mission events.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Subscribe to Young Life’s Statement of Faith.
• Some post-secondary education. Some coursework in fundraising an asset.
• Previous experience in a high-level administrative role (paid or volunteer) in a not for profit organization preferably a community organization or ministry. Fundraising experience an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision. Flexible with a positive attitude toward serving, learning and training.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and engaging phone manner.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Well organized with an excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material and situations.
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset. Willingness to be trained is essential.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Criminal record check required as a condition of employment